I see headlines like, “Euro Maintains Gain on Greek Debt Optimism” and I am just not sure what everyone else is looking at. As far as the credit default swap market is concerned, Greece has already defaulted, it is just a matter of when and in what form. Ireland and Portugal are basically at levels that share a similar fate. Next question is whether Italy and Spain fall into the hole.
Support the Blog
Voluntary Donation for the Blog
Free Email Subscription
- Volatility and Investing
- Option Strategy: Long Gamma, Short Vega
- Mitigating Gamma Losses
- The Relative Strength of Countries
- Today’s Option Blogs December 25, 2010
- Insurance as a Business
- Delta Hedging Explained
- The Oversupply of Lawyers
- Do Black Swans Negate Option Premiums?
- Hedging Equities with VIX Futures (VXX & VXZ)
- Devaluation of the Dollar
- Covered Call Options as Investment Strategies
- Scalping Gamma
- FICO, Foreclosures, and Short-Sales Oh My!
- Focusing on Volatility Skew